Position: DevOps/Automation Engineer
Key skills: AWS, Docker, Ansible, IaaS, PaaS
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Our excellent benefits package includes pension, subsidised lunches (when working from our Leeds office), private healthcare with cash plan, gym membership, cycle-to-work scheme, rail season ticket scheme and an office dog.
Content Catalyst is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to lead the charge on automation and cloud infrastructure projects. If you are highly capable, intelligent and looking to work in a team where you can make a real tangible difference and feel truly valued, we want you to join us!
We are the creators of a triple-patented software platform for publishing and monetising interactive market research reports online. Using our platform, publishers can improve business processes and provide an exceptional experience for their customers.
Our industry-leading platform is continuously developed and honed to keep us at the very cutting edge and is a market leader in the B2B publishing sector. The company has consistently expanded over its 17-year history and this is a fantastic opportunity to join our core team. We have a friendly, collaborative culture and an exciting array of benefits.
The successful candidate will:
Work closely with the operations and development teams.
Design, develop, build and maintain the infrastructure for our platform, with focus on high-availability, stability and resiliency.
Incorporate established best practices in the management of our environments.
Essential technical skills:
AWS, Azure, Docker, Ansible
- Hands-on experience in at least one of CloudFormation, Terraform, PowerShell DSC or ARM Templates
- An in-depth understanding of DevOps as a practice and how best to automate manual processes.
- Solid Linux and Windows systems administration knowledge.
- Experience with virtualisation and container technologies such as Docker.
- 3 – 5 years’ demonstrable experience.
- Extensive AWS knowledge – setting up environments from scratch and detailed knowledge of a range of services.
- Plenty of experience with configuration tools such as Ansible, Puppet and Chef.
- An excellent grounding in automation of processes/Iaas/PaaS.
- Experience working with continuous integration/deployment pipelines such as Azure DevOps, OctopusDeploy, Jenkins, Bamboo or Teamcity.
- Practical, day-to-day experience of using version control systems such as Git & Subversion.
- Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP etc.)
- A good understanding of common web application and infrastructure architecture.
Why work at Content Catalyst?
We continuously reinvest in our team through paid training courses, certifications, conferences and participating in developer catch-ups in the city. We value and foster the adoption of the best tools for the job and staying on top of the latest technological trends.
Content Catalyst is a company with a fresh and vibrant outlook; we encourage free thinking, social responsibility and a balanced approach to working life. While the team is extremely hard working, we also know how to have fun and regularly participate in team social events.